We’re looking for talented disabled graduates or those who have long term conditions who hold a third level qualification to apply for our pioneering GradEmployNI programme.
What is GradEmployNI?
We’re opening the door for employment opportunities to graduates with disabilities or long term conditions, to career opportunities with businesses in Northern Ireland.
GradEmployNI is a pioneering employment programme that matches disabled graduate students to career opportunities with businesses in Northern Ireland. If successful, you will receive the Living Wage throughout your placement and online learning.
You must be available for the entire programme. For Group 1: 7 March to 30 June. For Group 2: 4 April to 30 June.
Applications are open. They will close once the programme is at full capacity. There are a total of 30 places.
Who is GradEmployNI for?
If you are a recent graduate and have a third level qualification such as HND, Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree you can apply for a GradEmployNI placement.
There is no essential knowledge or experience required but we are searching for candidates who are creative problem-solvers who can shine as part of a team, well organised and open to taking initiative.
You must have a disability or long-term condition as defined The Disability Discrimination Act 1995. This can include:
- Neurodivergent conditions such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, autism and ADHD,
- Mobility impairments,
- Sensory impairments,
- Long-term conditions such as IBS, diabetes, Crohn’s disease, epilepsy, chronic fatigue,
- Mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, bipolar and OCD.
Business Learning by the University of Ulster
The programme offers:
- 1 week virtual Bootcamp.
- 12 half days business workshops on Tuesday mornings during your placement.
- 2 Personal Coaching sessions.
- Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We will contact you within a few days of receiving your application to arrange a chat.
- There are a total of 30 places available.
- There will be two separate groups of 15 people.
- Group 1 will start their one week virtual Bootcamp on 7 March 2022 and then a 16 week placement from the 14 March.
- Group 2 will start their one-week virtual Bootcamp on 4th April 2022 and then a 12 week placement from 11 April.
- You must be available for the Bootcamp and all 12 or 16 weeks of the placement.
- You will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony on 29 June 2022 at the University of Ulster Jordanstown.
- The programme ends on 30 June 2022.